These were too beautiful (and too delicious) to resist! Check out the Tomato Cream Cheese Tulips recipe from The Hotel Saugatuck in Michigan. The tulips are part of a promotion this May to position the boutique property as an incredible place to stay during a nearby tulip festival. Food bloggers and recipe websites alike have been requesting photos for days! And we have 'em, thanks to the hard work and beautiful photography of innkeeper, Sean Kramer.
Tomato Cream Cheese Tulips (The Hotel Saugatuck)
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1 package (8oz) cream cheese
- 2 bunches green onion
- 1 large garlic clove
- 10 chives
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- pinch kosher salt
Wait... before we get to the step-by-step instructions here's a little more inspiration:
1. Cut off the roots and ends of the green onion
2. Let cream cheese sit out for 1/2 hour to get to room temperature. Then chop chives and garlic together using an electric mixer. Next whip the cream cheese, chives, garlic, and salt until blended evenly. Add lemon juice and blend into mixture.
3. Using a skewer, poke a hole in the stem side of each tomato. Keeping the stem side down, make a cross (2 slices) 1/2 way down the tomato using a small spoon (or the tip of an old fruit peeler) scoop out the seeds from the inside of tomato.
4. Take a pastry bag and tip, fill the cut side of the tomato with cream cheese, and insert the green onion into the hole at the stem end of the tomato.