Here’s an easy recipe (just 3 key ingredients) from celebrity chef Linnea Johansson recently published cook book Food for Friends. The Swedish-born foodie, and graduate of Johnson & Wales hospitality school, has a knack for combining the perfect balance of dishes and design to create an unforgettable experience that has garnered her global attention as one of thecountry’s mostsoughtafterculinarypersonalities.
- 4 doughnuts, either homemade or store-bought
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp. coffee liqueur
1. Preheat the oven to 250°F and warm the doughnuts for about 10 minutes.
2. Pour the sugar onto a plate. Brush one side of the doughnuts lightly with water and then dip them in the sugar to make a layer.
3. Using a small nozzle, pipe in the liqueur in several places on the doughnut’s underside.
4. Burn the layer of sugar with a kitchen torch, or under the broiler, until the sugar makes a hard crust like creme brûlée. Serve up warm.